Posted in Ghana
Live and study in this bustling capital city stretched along the Atlantic coast of Ghana. Visit museums, nature reserves, and national parks. Experience the welcoming hospitality of the Ghanaian people as you explore the Makola Market, ride a trotro through the city, or watch artisans create traditional kente and andrinka cloth. Discover the wide variety of cultural events, festivals, and performances this city of more than 4 million people has to offer. Visit the National Cultural Centre and experience traditional handicrafts; explore the final resting place of Ghana’s first President at the Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum; and relax on the shores of Labadi Beach. Immerse your senses in your new Ghanaian home.
The capital city of Accra is Ghana’s largest city and its administrative, communications and economic center. Cultural opportunities are available in the city’s museums, nature reserves, national parks, markets and festivals.
AHA Ghana offers you the opportunity to study on the fall or spring semester International Development and Service Learning program.
INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND SERVICE LEARNING PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
- Fall and spring semester programs
- Courses in Cultural Studies, Development Studies, Economics, History, International Studies: African Studies Political Science, Service Learning, Sociology and Twi Language
- All courses taught in English
- Service learning placements with local Non-Governmental Organizations
- Excursions have included the Central Region, the Ashanti Region, and the Volta Region