Posted in China
Live and study in China’s financial and industrial center. Immerse yourself in this dynamic metropolis of more than 18 million people. From the super-modern skyscrapers of Pudong along the Yangtze River to the colonial architecture of the Bund, Shanghai is an eclectic mixture of past and present with a firm view towards the future. Visit the Jade Buddha Temple, stroll through the tranquil Yuyuan Garden, and walk along the Shanghai Old Street to experience historic China first-hand. Ride the world’s first commercial high-speed Maglev train or around the city on the extensive subway system. Immerse yourself in the bustling city life of this fast growing, cosmopolitan capital city.
Set in the home of the world’s fastest-growing stock exchange and hundreds of top-tier multinational corporations, Shanghai is the perfect location to learn about business in China and fulfill required core courses for your business minor or major.
AHA Shanghai offers you the opportunity to take business courses while experiencing cultural immersion in China, the world’s fastest-growing economy.
SUMMER BUSINESS PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
- Seven-week summer program
- Designed for business students and others interested in business and culture in China
- No previous Chinese language required (content courses are taught in English)
- Corporate governance course taught by AHA visiting faculty member
- Survival Chinese and Chinese Vocabulary for Business courses are taught in Chinese
- Study tour to Beijing and Xi’an, including visit to the famous clay soldiers
- Intercultural communications course, taught in English during the study tour
- Seminar on Chinese culture and business taught by local university faculty
- Visits to Chinese and international companies
- Three-week internship with Chinese company (four weeks by pre-arrangement)
- Interaction with local university students
- Excursions to places such as the Shanghai Urban Planning Museum, the Bund, Yu Garden, Chenghuang Temple, and the Xintiandi quarter
- Time for activities that are important components of the cultural experience such as visiting museums, perusing markets and sharpening your bartering skills, trying a variety of Chinese cuisine, and attending a Chinese opera
- Housing with another AHA student at the Tongji University guesthouse
NEWS FROM SHANGHAI
"A good reason for students to participate in the AHA summer business program in Shanghai"
-Prof John Lehman (U.S. Visiting Faculty, Shanghai Summer Business Program)
Nike announces details for 600,000-square-foot China headquarters in Shanghai
By Allan Brettman, The Oregonian